Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zooma Austin Pictures...

Keep in mind that nobody looks preppy and cute after running 13.1 miles... that being said here is the photographic evidence of our race....


Sol and I on the bus... Circa 5:30 AM on the way to the race, we had to park and take School Buses to the start.



We met up with CME from Fun with the Super Munns at the pre-race staging area... Apparently I need to work on my posture, but this was circa 6:00 AM, so lets say I was tired :)


Prettiest girls there :) I thought the big pink hoops were a fun race day addition!


Waiting for the start...




And they're off... we're in there somewhere. The PBF zoomed in on my camera and showed me where...




Ah! There we are!


We ran amongst the cowboys and the blue bonnets (but I don't have any blue bonnet photos)...

The PBF watched with the cowboys...



Here I am dying at mile 11... Sol and CME were long gone by now! Way to go girls (Sol finished in under two hours and CME finished in under 2:20, I finished right at 2:20.57)


CME it was a big fail on the preppy boyfriend's part, he didn't get a photo of you at the finish... I am so sorry, I should have told him to be sure to look for you... I feel super bad because your husband was the best cheerleader ever, and we didn't even manage to get a picture of you after the race! I am so sorry :(

Here I am crossing the finish line


Sol and I post race...




4 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

GO ELLE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS sweetheart, what an accomplishment, you must be SO PROUD!

Oh and those sassy pink hoops officially made my day! XOXO

c said...

congrats!

Keri said...

So cute!! I love (trying) to dress up and look cute on race day. Love the running skirt (I have one in pink).
So I get quotes of the day from runner's world and today's quote seemed so appropriate after your recent commitment to run San Fran:

"You finish a marathon and you believe, if I can do this, I can do anything!

So true!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Good for you! I've never done anything even close to this. I don't think running a 5K counts!