Monday, April 12, 2010

Preppy Wreaths on Etsy

Hello Lovelies,


I know there are a zillion bloggers out there who are just crazy about Etsy... but I have to admit, I generally don't browse through Etsy... there is just so much stuff my eyes bug out of my face way before I ever find what I'm actually looking for. Anyway, all that to say, I'm on the hunt for a wreath. I have a gorgeous Winter/Christmas wreath that was a steal at TJ Maxx, and my front door just looks so plain Jane without a wreath in comparison to how pretty it looked over the holidays. I'm hunting for a pretty spring/summer wreath.


The challenge is the cost/benefit analysis of a wreath. You see, there are things that I think are worth paying a lot for. Well made high heels for example, if you haven't already splurge on some expensive high heels one day, and you'll learn as I did that if they're made correctly heels can actually be comfortable.


But wreaths, well loves, wreaths just don't seem to be worth what they cost... now this might be sheer ignorance on my part, there might be some fantastic complication in making a quality wreath, and I do know that silk flowers are expensive... but honestly take this example from Ballard Designs for the bargain price of... $140 WHAT? Cute wreath, but I'll pass thanks....



Anyway, so for the first time in ages I popped over to Etsy to see what I could find and look at the beautiful things that came up when I was searching for wreaths... 


I think these little fabric leaves are a much preppier solution to creating a fun wreath without using those awful fake plastic flowers... and for $17.50 this wreath is absolutely charming! Do visit Jane Joss the fabric florist on Etsy... she has such great creations!

I'm partial to the orange, but there are several other color options as well... these are my favorites...




Love this organic lavender wreath... at $30 it is reasonable, and would certainly brighten my stoop! You can find this eco-friendly wreath at the shop FayeMarie.




This wreath is simply stunning, I'd like to see a picture of the hydrangeas up close to get a feel for what the fabric petals look like... but nothing says summer in the south to me quite like an heirloom hydrangea... and for $22 well this southern girls' heart is swooning! For your own dash of charm visit the shop Sea Side Cottage Naturals.


And finally... this fluffy wreath just makes me smile (and want to pet it) and I love it even more that the creator posts a picture of the bird the feathers came from next to it... I'm assuming no harm befell the bird for the making of the wreath :) This wreath is a whole lotta fun, and in the right room it would make a wonderful statement piece... I sure do wish I had the right room for it! For your own wonderful bit of feathery fun visit the shop kgafeatherwerks.



So all in all lovelies... I would say I had pretty good luck finding what I was looking for on Etsy today... I will however say that I did have to sort through 32 pages to find these items... 


*I was not gifted with anything, or paid in anyway to endorse these items...

9 comments:

AEOT said...

That lavendar wreath is wonderful and would look awesome on our front door. I may just have to look into that further and see what B thinks. I'd love to have that pop of something on our house. Thanks for doing the searching!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Pretty finds! I'm not really into Etsy either but you founds some goodies! I am hands down a big fan of the hydrangea wreath, I think it would look great Spring - Fall. The feather wreath is so fun and sassy too! :)

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

I just L OVE the first wreath....it wold look great in a beach house or beach themed room.

I agree with you, Etsy is usually too intense for me to peruse....it's like item overload.

THanks for sharing your finds!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I too, love the hydrangeas

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I like the one with the feathers best I think!

erica said...

wow I am absolutely loving some of those! I really need a new wreath for my door... thanks for the fabulous ideas!

Faye Krause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye Krause said...

thanks for posting my lavender wreath!

Beth said...

Thanks for posting my hydrangea wreath from Seaside Cottage Naturals.

Beth