Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Preppy Gets "Lost in Austen"

Hello Lovelies,


The Preppy Boyfriend was traveling last week for work, which meant I had time to get caught up on watching chic flicks and trashy reality TV! Woo-Hoo!


The movie Lost in Austen has been on my Netflix instant queue, for ages and I just haven't made the time to watch it. Finally, last week I snuggled into the couch with the preppy pups and a soothing hot drink (wish it were champagne, but alas no bubbly for this sick girl)... and I was more than pleasantly surprised.


The movie is about a late 20 early 30 something woman who is a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, imagine her surprise when she finds a secret door in her bathroom (ok that part is lame) that lands her right in the middle of the story. She does her best to try to force the characters into the roles they are supposed to take in the story, and as she does she learns a lot about the characters (they are not necessarily who we have always thought they were) and herself along the way.


Seriously, it is one of my new favorites. Not the most high tech movie, but I love the way the screenplay writers re-imagined the classic Austen characters. Apart from which, could we ever really tire of seeing views like this of the English countryside? I think not!




2 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

OOH! This looks great Elle, so glad you enjoyed it! I have a DVR full of shows and a Netflix to watch - I need Matt to go away for a week LOL!

To answer your question, here you go sweetie, so easy to install! http://www.linkwithin.com/

XOXO love ya!

Keri said...

Ooh enjoy your girl time with the pups! Thanks for your feedback about my potential pup. I may be emailing you for more advice if you don't mind :)