Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jessica Simpson No Make-up Cover

Hello Lovelies,


Have you heard or seen the photos from Jessica Simpson's Marie Claire cover in which she supposedly goes without makeup, and without photoshop? I think it's a great way to raise awareness for how ridiculous  photoshopping has become in the glossy mag industry.... 


Jessica although not my favorite star (I must admit I did watch the Newlyweds), is taking a brave step. She's took a lot of flack for the mom jeans photo that circulated last year, and I think it's great that she still has the courage to step out and just be her. Although I see the appeal in making movie stars look glamorous and perfect, I also appreciate that there are times to be real and to admit that without all of that help... Jessica and most other stars look an awful lot like the pretty-girl-next-door.... anyway... Props for you Jessica, I think this is a great move! 



And just because I think it has to be said... is that gloss on her lips on the cover? And I'm not sure I know anyone whose cheeks are a natural rose color without makeup..... So am I fully confident she went completely sans makeup for the shoot... no, but I do think this is much close to her natural beauty... so still props for you Jess!

7 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

There is no way she can look like that completely without makeup and photoshopping. A little something had to be done.

House Queen said...

I like her too. I think she has made some mistakes but is really brave and I admire the way she has handled the weight thing! I am glad I found your blog!

Keri said...

I heard about this on the radio today, thanks for showing the pics because I haven't seen them yet. Def a brave move...good for her!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one, she's not a fave of mine either, but my hat's off to her for doing this.

Happy almost-weekend to you Miss Completely!
tp

Anonymous said...

I loved that cover - makes me want to go buy the magazine.

I'm less impressed by the "no makeup" claim than I am by the "no retouching" thing. That's a giant step in the right direction, I think.

I will always have a soft spot for JSimp and Nick Lachey - I loved Newlyweds.

Joyeful said...

I agree! Brave step and bravo, Jess! We need more of this kind of reality in our society.

And thank you so much for your encouragement today! I loved that Psalms!

Cole Franke said...

I like it when they do stuff like this. Imagine if they did this cover with absolutely no photoshop. Now thats what I would like to see. Good post. :)

nicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/