Monday, April 5, 2010

Preppy Runs San Francisco

Hello Lovelies,


This is just a quick post to say thank you so much for all of your encouragement. Each of you has encouraged me in so many ways as I have gone through the training and preparation to run the Zooma half marathon, and then you've all gone above and beyond that to encourage me to chase my dream and sign up for the San Francisco Full Marathon... So guess what? I did!


Eeeek! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time....


Here's the best part, I ran the Zooma half marathon for Charity and I was able to raise $700 for Lifeworks Austin, a local charity that helps at risk teens get out of the system and gives them access to education, housing, and life skills training...


Well, I also have the opportunity to run the San Francisco Marathon for charity and I've chosen to do so! Might as well have a reason for logging all those miles right? I'll do a full post about the charity I'm running for in a little while... and I've never done this before so please don't be offended. But I'll also post the link to donate, so if you all feel like donating on my behalf then I'd welcome any donation in any amount! It really did help keep me motivated for training for the half marathon, because I knew that people had given money to this charity because I was running... so I knew I HAD TO RUN... no chickening out, plus all my running helped a really great cause! (I know lame... sorry, but it's for a good cause... so please excuse it) 


In the meantime, this is my "inspire San Francisco" picture... I will be running across the Golden Gate Bridge and there will be no cars on it... what a great way to get to know my new 'area.'


Also, any of you running bloggers out there are two half marathons, and a 5k, and a marathon relay the same day... I can't tell you how fun it was to meet up with a fellow blogger before and during the Zooma half marathon and I would love to do the same for the full... and for those of you non-runners in the San Francisco area, please come out and cheer for us! It makes a huge difference to have someone cheering your name on race day! I'll be moving to the bay area the week before the race and would love to meet up with ya'll, and have you come cheer for all us runners on July 25th :)!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Yayyyy I am so happy you signed up! No turning back now hehe. No worries...the whole experience is going to be amazing you will be so happy you decided to do it. What a nice way to kick off your San Fransisco life! I will definitely donate to your charity. Have you chosen which one you are going to run for?

I hope you feel better soon :)

Emily Kathleen said...

Congratulations! You're my giveaway winner!

Way to go on signing up for the marathon! So amazing and wonderful that you're running for charity! Can't wait to hear about the charity you've chosen. I've just started running and signed up for my first 5K!