Thursday, April 1, 2010

America's Sweethearts

Hello Loves,


I recently saw this picture of Jennifer Anniston and fell in love with her all over again. To me Jenn is the ultimate All American Sweetheart. She has such a funny, quirky, open personality. She doesn't have a history of running around with crazy people doing crazy things. She loves dogs. Who can forget her stunning wedding to Brad Pitt, and of course the shocking way the marriage ended? I just really like her. She seems relatable.


There are of course other actresses vying for the title of America's sweetheart: 


We have the ever lovely Reese Witherspoon


And of course the recently cuckolded Sandra Bullock


Some, might suggest Julia Roberts deserves a mention here


Although, there are plenty of other well-known American actresses, I think the above mentioned women do a great job of picking good movie roles (Cameron Diaz might have made the list but for all her cheesy poorly acted comedies, not that Jenn Anniston hasn't done a few bad movies - but I think that Jenn's good roles more than make up for her bad ones). They also do a great job of at least seeming to be relatively normal, in spite of their great wealth. They've been around for at least a decade (otherwise Maggie Gylenhall might have made the list). And although they are small, they aren't starving themselves (otherwise Kate Hudson might have made the list).


So what do you think defines a movie star worthy of being called America's Sweetheart? And who are your favorite American Sweethearts?

5 comments:

Keri said...

Haha! Love these women, but even more, I love your explanations of why the others didn't make the list...so true!

No more apologies for "post-hijacking" you know I always appreciate your stories/questions!

Okay, here's what I think about the marathon...I was super apprehensive about running it also. I have always been a good 5K runner and love running fast so I thought I would hate the marathon. I wanted to do it because I wanted to run it with my dad and I thought it would make me a real runner. For me it was one of those things I just wanted to do once and then get back to running distances I enjoyed. The funny thing is that I really LOVED the marathon. I loved everything about it...training, the excitement of the race, the crowd, etc. I literally felt like every mile just ticked away one by one and when I was finished I felt like I could run another one.

The marathon is one of those things that if you have even the slightest desire to do it, you HAVE to. Now I know why people are obsessed with the marathon and some crazies run one every weekend.

I am not really a fan of the half marathon distance. For me, its too long to run fast, but too short to settle in and run slow. I think it is completely possible for you to not enjoy the half but love the marathon. I would just make sure you are trained for the distance. You have to run 4-5 20- milers before the race and you will be fine! Once your legs have those miles in them you will be able to finish no problem. It is a big time commitment but totally worth it...Hope this helps!!

Now who is the post-hijacker??

Anonymous said...

I love Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock. (And Kate Hudson.)

Too bad Kate Winslet isn't American, because I love her too!

Scientific Housewife said...

I think they all are to some degree, each have great personalities (as far as we know) and always make entertaining movies.

Iva Messy said...

she looks so cute in that shot for sure!!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Reese is #1 for me!! :) XOXO Cute post.