Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting Ready at 8:30PM?

This is something I've always wondered about... I grew up in sports, spending many a summer day practicing, and everyday after school either at cheer practice, swim practice, or track practice. All that to say, I have spent lots of time in locker rooms. 


However, there is some locker room behavior of adult women that I don't understand. It's 8:30 on a Monday night, and you bring your full make-up bag, your blow dyer, your curling iron, and your two straighteners to the gym. It is 8:30PM on a MONDAY... I can understand getting ready at the gym in the morning or the afternoon (although I tend to prefer getting ready at home when possible). But why on earth must you fix your hair and makeup at 8:30 at night? I can understand the random women who maybe work the third shift, or who are going out to dinner or something... but there are lots of women at my gym that do this ALL the time.


Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fixey girl. I don't like to leave the house without makeup and my hair done. I hate to wear jeans. I only wear my running shoes to run. But at 8:30 on a Monday night, I'm going to go home, take a shower, eat a snack, and by then it's 9:15 and I'm going to watch one show, play with my puppies, maybe read a while and then hopefully be in bed by 11:00PM. So what on earth is the point in doing my hair and makeup, all over again?


One of my favorite blogs Marley and Lockyer, is hosting a giveaway... How gorgeous is this pillow cover? Drop by and enter when you get the chance. And be sure to check my preppy giveaways widget on my sidebar periodically to see what other great giveaways are happening around blog land!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hahah! You go to Lifetime right?? Because my lifetime is the same way! If yours is anything like mine, it is a cougar gym :)

The pic in my header isn't me (I wish!) But I'm glad you asked because now I realized I should probably site that source!