Having a great day at work today... if only there were more of these and fewer of the other kind of days :) I'm thinking my soy tea misto from Starbucks is certainly helping!
So in yesterday's blog post I confessed my new found love for Rachel Zoe... in today's blog post I find myself confessing a long existing love for Victoria Beckham.
Picture Courtesy of Just Jared
I love it that she and David have made as much of a career out of their marriage as they did their respective singing and soccer careers, yet one doesn't get the feeling they sold out. You don't ever see them preening before the paps. I love that she is always "put together" when she is out and about, something us southern girls are bred into.
*Image Courtesy of Google ImagesI further love that she is so often out and about with her boys. Granted the girl could stand to eat some biscuits and gravy, but overall I think her style is classic, and she seems to do a good job of separating her stardom and her personal life (minus the brief reality foray that was "moving to America").
*Photo Courtesy of celebrity-gossip.net
So I was of course tickled to see the new ad for her line of dresses at Bergdorf Goodman. I love the lines and angles of the row houses, and rumor has it the short video was shot in only one take. Can you imagine getting all those girls to swing in sync on one take, there must be some mechanical magic I'm not seeing behind that phenomenon. Out of context the ad is a little weird, but I keep picturing it playing in one of the street level display windows surrounded by her dresses and it seems the perfect balance of eye catching, without distracting from the beautiful gowns that will surround it! If I was more savvy at writing a blog, I would know how to insert the video into the blog post, but I'm not (if anyone knows how do this I'd love any tips), as it is follow the link below to see the ad on you tube.
See the ad on You Tube
So do you love the Beckham's as well?
1. A great fun day at work, even on lunch meeting day!
2. Leaving tomorrow for vacation
3. The dogs behaving nicely while I have the house to myself, and they are left alone ALL day
4. The fun that is my birthday week. Since I'm not close to either of my parents, I rarely get presents or even phone calls from them on my birthday. I'm thankful for that, because I really just take the time around my birthday to think about myself and who I am and where I want to be. I refuse to diet, or be critical of myself during the weeks around my birthday. It's a nice reminder that I am a person of worth, and that God does have a plan for me, even when I can't see it.
5. Having lots of "me" time before the crazy travel schedule of September begins