Phew... Readers it was a long weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with preppy boyfriends family. Preppy Boyfriends Mother made my birthday very special, she even had a beautiful cake with filigree icing for me. I was touched! While I'm getting caught up at work, I keep finding myself thinking of chairs. That's right chairs. I have a love affair for structure backed, side chairs, with scroll legs. I am sure there is some technical design term for the specific type of chair, I however don't know it... do you?
Anyway, while reading Southern Living on the patio at the preppy family home, I saw a chair... not just a chair, a vision. I have thought of this chair everyday, and thought of all the wonderful ways I would use this chair in a room... It is the Alexandra Side Chair designed by Atlanta based designer Suzanne Kasler for Hickory Chair (all photos courtesy of Hickorychair.com).
Is this not the most stunning side chair? I love the detail and interest it adds to this room...
While drooling over the Alexandra I also found several other stunning chairs on the Hickory Chair website. Each of these beauties remains far outside my price range, but a girl can dream right?
The last two images are benches, also on the Hickory Chair website. Aren't they simply stunning? Okay, enough drooling for one day...
1. Safe travels to and from Arkansas
2. Having peace when making difficult decisions
3. Resting in the knowledge that if I get into medical school it will be the right one, and it will be because that is where God wants me.
4. Knowing that if I don't get into medical school there is a better plan for me.
5. Short work weeks for the rest of the month (thank you medical school interviews) :)