Monday, August 24, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Travel...

Readers, it's getting close to the very best, most wonderful week of the entire year... My Birthday! Woohoo! That's right I celebrate my birthday for an entire week. Perhaps this is childish of me, but at least it's down from the two week celebrations of days gone by.


This year my birthday falls on Labor Day Weekend and we will be headed to preppy boyfriends parents house for the weekend. I am so excited that I get to celebrate my day with the preppy family, even better we'll be celebrating Preppy Mother's birthday too (I cannot wait to show you what I found for her, but in case she reads this blog, you'll have to wait until she opens it to see). 


So my question is, do you buy new clothes for mini vacations, even if only going to visit family? 


I must confess I do! I enjoy shopping so much more if I feel like I'm shopping for an event or a trip. I can go weeks and even months without shopping, just to know I'll be able to splurge when a trip or event rolls around. However, I have been on quite a shopping splurge this summer. I figure I have paid off almost all of my debt, and next year I may be in medical school so I should enjoy shopping (within reason) while I can.


I'm having a hard time deciding what to pack/buy for the trip. We'll definitely go out to a fine dinning restaurant at least once (but I always pack enough outfits in case we go out twice), there will be lots of playing in the pool, church and brunch on Sunday morning, and of course cooking with the family. I am so ready for fall, that I want to pull out my sweater dresses and boots, however here in the south it will still be in the high 90's over labor day weekend, so I'm afraid sweaters and boots are a little impractical. In addition to all this, Preppy Sister has a new Beau and this will be the first time Preppy Boyfriend and I get to meet him. I always feel so much pressure to make a good impression when I know I'm going to meet new people.  


I'll post some of what I'm thinking later today or tomorrow, but in the meantime do any of you have any suggestions? Is there a great dress or blouse that I simply must own for this trip? Shoes or a purse? Send them my way readers...

2 comments:

What Kate Wore said...

Ooooh, how fun! The only thing we can think of that might be a good investment is a pair of skinny jeans. Don't know if that holds any appeal for you, but we're thinking you would probably get a lot of wear from them and they would also be fun.

Hope your week is wonderful Miss Completely!
tp

Beth Dunn said...

Happy birthday!!! xoxo