Monday, October 26, 2009

Are you an Early Christmas shopper?

I love buying presents for people, and I love having a fully stocked gift closet so I'm not running out at the last minute trying to find the "perfect" hostess gift.



As such, I am an early Christmas shopper... I buy presents ridiculously early. However, this year I'm stumped as to what to get for the preppy boyfriend's father. PBF's family is always so kind and generous to me, I always want to give them something special. I have a few things for PBF's mom and sister, but his father has completely eluded me. Earlier this year I gave them a book as a hostess present and he raved about it, so I'm thinking of perhaps another book or two. He loves to cook, so perhaps a unique cook book of some sort? Maybe Texas' best BBQ or something... I don't know, I'm just stumped.
He's also been working out lately so I thought of maybe giving him a few personal trainer sessions, you know the kind where they come to your house and train you... but I thought that might be insulting? 
What have you all given your Father in law's for Christmas (I know he's not technically my father in law...)?

1 comment:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

My in-laws are the hardest people to buy presents for! My MIL loves chocolate, but if you give it to her, it hurts her feelings because she thinks that we should all know that she's trying to lose weight. My FIL... well, he's just difficult. He tends to like those really stupid, kitschy kind of gifts, like a talking robotic chicken or a glass of wine that holds an entire bottle. See what I mean?!