Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the Hunt...

I have a confession...

I adore tote bags. I love them and find them to be remarkably practical and functional and always wonderful. Yet, I only own one true tote (a wonderful pink striped tote featured as part of the Gap (Red) collection the spring of 2007 - this tote was a cheer-me-up-during-dreary-NY-winter purchase and I have adored it since the moment I saw it).

I am considering rewards for achieving the first of my New Year's Resolutions - perhaps I'll post these when I hit that first milestone... one wouldn't want to jinx oneself while on a pattern towards good behavior.

Thus, I am presently on the hunt for a wonderful Tote Bag. I think it's just the type of reward I deserve (the other option is a wonderful bottle of 2004 Chateauneuf-Du-Pape Grenache, Syrah).

These are the ones that have caught my eye thus far:

The ever preppy J.Crew is represented with this pink and navy bag. I love the handle height and the length of the bag (I'm not one for tall rectangular tote bags).


Horchow had a wonderful chartreuse Fleur-De-Lis tote last spring, this spring they are offering the patterned monogram tote. I do love the giraffe and chartreuse, with perhaps a Navy monogram?


Then of course Lacoste makes a wonderful (if overpriced) demonstration in Pink and White.



The final and ever classic LL Bean Tote.



I do wish that Calista Cove weren't on break because I would love to browse wonderfully preppy specimens displayed on the web site.

6 comments:

Kate said...

My favorites are the J.Crew and Lacoste (of the ones you posted). But LL Bean ones are way cheaper and can be monogrammed easily

Sandra said...

Also, look at the Vineyard Vines totes! The Bungalow Scout totes are darling, too!

Anonymous said...

Any of these would be great, they are all fabulous! We are probably partial to the LL Bean, we have more of those than any other brand.

We also love the Bungalow Scout totes that Preppy 101 mentions, and not just because we carry them at the Princess, they are just so practical and in fun designs and colors.

LOVE the new design Miss Complete, it is outstanding!
tp

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Ooh, I love the Lacoste! And this is yet another reminder that I need to order a new LL Bean boat-n-tote already.

Oh, and you asked the other week about cute Austin shops. My favorite so far is By George (on S. Lamar and S. Congress); adorable stuff, but pricey. Will let you know if I find anything else!

Seaside Prep said...

love the new look! my favorites are the j.crew and ll bean- but you should def. check out- vineyard vines, longchamp, and herve chapelier as well! :)

c said...

the LL Bean bags are so great, but a big downside is that they don't have pockets on the inside. Luckily, this is a great excuse to use a cute wristlet or pouch to keep small things handy!

I just got a vineyards vines classic tote this week, and it's definitely worth checking out.