Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dry and Thirsty Land

As usual we've been busy, busy, busy at plenary palace... but I wanted to get caught up on graces from yesterday

1. Birds joyfully playing in the sprinkler. Central Texas is in a drought and I realize every day in a new way what the Psalmist meant when he said he was in a "dry and thirsty land." ~Psalm 63

2. Playing darts with Mr. Prep (aka cheffie)


3. $3 Gladiolas that are still blooming (almost a week after purchase), and brightening my mantle


4. A steady paycheck every two weeks for an entire year!


5. Wonderful neighbors with whom to chat in the yard



Psalm 63: 1-8
Oh God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindess is better than life, My lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.

No comments: