Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feeling Better...

Hello,


I am feeling much, much better... and my recent surgery has led me to be even more reflective about my New Year's Resolutions, which I will post in my next post.


While recovering from surgery I was on some heavy doses of pain medication, and I sort of missed a whole week. I remember very little of it, and the things I do remember are a bit fuzzy and I can't tell you what day or even what time of day they happened. It's the strangest thing. And somehow I'm sort of sad for the lost time. I expect to lose a few hours or even a day after anesthesia from surgery, but I literally lost an entire week.


How sad it must be to have an addiction to pain killers and spend all of your days in that thick fog... imagine how hard it is to come clean after years and realize how much you've lost? Crazy....

3 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better :-)

TUWABVB said...

I hope you are doing okay! I agree with you about the fog - but the only times I have ever needed painkillers, the fog was welcomed!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Glad you're feeling better!
Pain killers don't affect me the way they do you. Things don't get fuzzy for me. Maybe that is why people get addicted? I mean, I can sit around and watch tV or read the internet and know what's going on.

Having a giveaway on my blog...stop by!