Monday, November 16, 2009

Trade in Those Mud Pies... C.S. Lewis

I periodically have moments where I'm not sure how deep, or how much to share on this blog. I never want to bare my whole soul, but I also want to be true to who I am. Although, this blog started as a fun shallow past-time, a way to talk about and share some of my thoughts and ideas without putting too much thought into it, occasionally I want to share something very close to home... 




This weekend I was reviewing some notes from church and I re-discovered this C.S. Lewis quote:



It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. CS Lewis




2 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I know what you mean. My blog isn't all that deep or philosophical, and there are times when I want to share more but I'm not sure how people will take it. I guess I'm afraid that people will be offended, but more than anything I'm a bit worried that they might accuse me of being narrow-minded or judgmental. I shouldn't worry so much about what others think! I personally love C.S. Lewis, and I agree with what a lot of what he said in his career. It's easy to forget that there's something more to this life and after this life.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Wonderful quote!

I am often afraid people will be offended by things I write too. I no longer even whisper anything political as people are MEAN. I was so worried writing my Monster Monday posts but so far no one has said anything mean to me. So far, anyway....