Friday, November 13, 2009

Sugar Doll Award

The Wife, gave me this sweet award, thank you so much! 



The award says I should tell you ten random things about myself and pass the award on to ten bloggers... so here goes:


1. I can't imagine my life without my dogs. What do people without dogs do with their spare time?


2. I am constantly pleasantly surprised that all of you in blog land want to read my drivel... and I am so thankful for all of the new friendships I'm forming!


3. The PBF bought me a guitar last spring because I used to play, and I haven't  hardly touched it. I don't know why, I just haven't. He however, has been playing it and sounds wonderful!


4. There are lots of things I'm going to miss about Austin when we move, but at the top of the list is my church. I'm afraid I won't find another 'home' church in the Bay Area.


5. Because I am not close to my parents, and growing up I never turned to them for advice... I have a really hard time seeking advice and wisdom before making a decision. But whenever I step out there and ask someone I trust for wisdom or godly counsel, I am always pleasantly surprised!


6. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I want it to snow from Thanksgiving to New Years and then I want it to be 80 again! 


7. Growing up my family didn't go on family vacations. I went places by myself, to swim camp, to visit my grandparents etc. But we as a family never went anywhere... so this vacation to Mexico with PBF's family is my first 'family' vacation ever, and I am SO excited!


8. I was always a little jealous of my cousins because they grew up living close to my grandparents and I assumed they had a better relationship with them than I do. My grandma recently told me that I'm the grandchild she talks to the most and is the closest to, that made me happy, and sad because we don't talk all that often... so I'm going to make a serious effort to reach out to them more often now.


9. I'm scared of the dark. That's right, scared of the dark. When the PBF is gone I leave a light on in the living room. Our first year together, he was working in a restaurant he'd get home really late and I would have every light in the house turned on. He would get frustrated about how I was waisting energy, so one day I calculated how many kilowatt hours I was using if I had every lightbulb in the house on. I then figured out how much his electric company was charging him for kilowatt hours. I calculated how much it costs for me to leave all the lights on a few nights a week (it was somewhere around $1.85). Then I wrote him a paper "On Energy Usage in the Home," in which I explained all the math, my results, and then asked him if my peace of mind was worth $1.85. He's never bugged me about leaving the lights on, and we still laugh about the paper!


10. I love rainy days, foggy days, snowy days... although I enjoy sunshine and hot days. I grew up in a high plains desert, so any kind of weather feels unusual and awesome to me!


I pass this award on to:


Fun with The Super Mums - Super cute and cheery blog, always good for a smile!
Up North Preppy - Sweet preppy blog, featuring cute blogs, and the life of newlyweds moving into their new home
Weigleinc - an in real life friend of mine from college
Frayed Laces - A grad student, and avid runner living in Hawaii
Footy Pajamas - Another in real life friend from college
BrooklynLimestone - She has renovated a Brooklyn Limestone... it's stunning, and she's always doing creative and gorgeous projects. One of my favorite home design reads!
Practically Perfect - They'll be moving to New Zealand this spring, start reading to hear more about their great adventures
Grove Gals - started by two girls who own a stationary business
The company she keeps - cute blog by a Lilly lover
Sweet Tea Diarries - Great blog by a southern girl living in LA

5 comments:

BLC :o said...

Awe!!! Many thanks for the award and I cannot wait to play along. I love that you are close with your sweet Gramdma!!! Aren't G-ma's the best?? Xoxo-BLC

Mrs. Limestone said...

Thanks so much for including me! (and reading in general!)

Im terrible at coming up with interesting things to say about myself...i feel like ive already said everything there is to say :)

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Thanks so much for the award!

c said...

love #6... totally with you on that one!

AEOT said...

Awwww....thanks for the shout out! I'm working on my 10 things right now!