Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lost in the snow..

Happy New Years Eve!

I have been busy catching up on every body's blog posts since I was on vacay. The morning after the ballet (which was so beautiful I absolutely forgot to breath), I flew to Utah to visit family over the holiday.

Cheffie flew out a few days later. We stayed in an adorable cabin near Jackson Hole, WY. Nestled in a valley between two mountains, next to a happy little brook. We watched the snow fall, we took a horse drawn sleigh ride, we ate delicious meals, we played cards. It was exactly the respite we needed. As usual in Wyoming we saw plenty of wildlife: Gold Eagles, Bald Eagles, Elk, Bison, Big Horn Sheep, Antelope, and Deer.

After a few days in the cabin, we headed off to Utah to visit the rest of my family. It of course snowed and snowed. Cheffie cooked Christmas eve dinner for everyone. We dug out an amazing sled run (that's right we had to dig out the sled run b/c there was too much snow to sled), we went skiing, we enjoyed hot spiced wine, and spiked apple cider, we made plenty of appearances at holiday parties, and I got to spend time with my sisters!

Eventually I will post some pictures. But for now I just wanted to say hello!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy New Year!! Your trip sounds dreamy :-)

BLC :o said...

Happy New Year! I really enjoy following your blog. Looking forward to 2009! Xoxo-BLC

BLC :o said...

Oh, sorry to comment again ... but I wanted to let you know, I gave you three blog awards (you might have already received 'em, but you deserve 'em again). Congrats!

Xoxo,
BLC

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oooh we were in Jackson Hole this past summer. It's great. :)